Monday, July 29, 2013

Meal Plan Monday


Meal Plan for Week of July 29th

Here is my meal plan for the week. I base the majority of my meal plans on what I like to eat and what's readily available in my home. We have a pretty big garden that we eat from every day. We have lettuce, arugula, kales, Swiss chards, collards, beets, Bok Choy, Asian greens, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and a variety of herbs like cilantro, parsley, basil.

Dinner is typically something that my whole family will enjoy. But it has to be something that I can modify to fit my nutritional or fitness goals for the week. I prefer not to make 2 separate meals so it has to work for my family.


New this Week!!!
The 5 of us, (my husband, 3 kids and me) are doing 1 complete day of Clean Vegan Style eating.

On Wednesdays, our meals and snacks will consist primarily of fruits, vegetables, beans and nuts. No animal products like dairy or meat. No breads, processed or junk foods. The kids are excited about juicing and making smoothies and I think I will try out making the zucchini and carrot pasta this week. We will keep this up on Wednesdays for August and then make adjustments when school starts. This week will be our first complete day so I am still working on a plan for dinner. (If you vegetable entree ideas please let me know)
I will post pictures of our meals and share next week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment