Wednesday, February 27, 2013

To Jiggle or Not to Jiggle

I have some past and some recent successes on my fitness journey. With my first round of Insanity I lost 15 lbs and 7 inches off my waist.  (7 inches that I didn't even know were there, lol.) You can check out my Insanity results here. More recently, I lost 12 lbs and 10 inches with Beachbody's Ultimate Reset. Read about my Reset journey.  I've also gained muscle and toned up more and I am now, once again, completing Insanity. I am on Week 4 of 9. (For more information on either program, free coach support or to become a coach yourself, message me or click here)

Needless to say, I am in need of NEW workout clothes. Although my total weight loss is not a crazy ridiculous number, I am DOWN pounds and inches. 8 inches down in my waist and about 6 inches from my hips so far. So what I'm saying now is that I am in need. I am not a label junkie. I do my regular workouts from home, so Im not trying to impress anyone. But, I do want to have the option to run to the store or pick up the kids in my workout wear, especially since Spring is right around the corner.

In a nutshell, I just want something comfortable, cute
AND 
with good spandex.

I've read so many different opinions on lose clothing vs tight clothing.

I've read that looser is best because it allows the body to sweat and breathe and helps you to stay cool. I've tried working out before in loose jogging pants and big t-shirt and it's just not for me.  For me, tighter clothing is my preference.

My biggest reason is JIGGLE.

When I workout, I don't want to feel anything moving and shaking. That's SO distracting to me. I workout alone, so I'm not even thinking about somebody watching me jiggle as I try and keep up with Shaun T. I can only imagine what working out hard at the gym would feel like. I'm sure there is always someone watching you at the gym, male or female- out of admiration, lust or disgust etc.  Honestly though, with everything moving everywhere, how much would you really put into your workout. It's easy to get consumed with jumping differently or moving in a certain range so as to not JIGGLE as much. What a waste of time.

I AINT GOT TIME FOR THAT!!
 

Plus, body hugging workout clothes keep me conscious of keeping correct form. I don't know why but its a mind thing for me. It's like I want to have better posture, contract my core and elongate my muscles when Im in  nice form-fitting clothes. It's a confidence booster and more motivating for me as well.

So, Im off to search for some nice workout apparel that has a good spandex blend that will hold me all together and can keep me going strong in my workouts for the next few months.


Here are a few pieces I saw during my online search.







Bottom line... Whatever makes you feel most comfortable and keeps you pushing thru your workout at full speed is what you should workout in.

No comments:

Post a Comment