Friday, February 21, 2014

The Listerine Pedicure

"That's right—your favorite mouthwash can double as foot soak that rids feet of dead skin. 
Here's the recipe: Mix a quarter cup of Listerine with a quarter cup of vinegar and a half cup of warm water.
Soak your feet for 15 minutes and then all those rough patches will practically wipe off!"

 So I've seen this all over and I wanted to try it. I figure since I was considering going to get a pedicure on my day off, I may as well give it a good try beforehand. Besides, my heels are in pretty bad condition. (I can't even explain, smh)

I used-
1 cup of Cool Mint Listerine
1 cup of distilled Vinegar and 
2 cups of hot water




I soaked my feet for at least 30 minutes as I finished up some Beachbody work on the computer. After the soak, my plan was to soak in hot bath, scrub my feet, moisturize and polish my nails. Well, my only mistake was using Cool Mint Listerine. I know it calls for the Golden Original but I had Mint Listerine on hand so I used that. I did have a blue tint on the soles of my feet until I got in bath. But once I did, it came off with the loofah and scrub with absolutely no problem. So would I use the Cool Mint again? Probably.

My results....
My feet were easily scrubbed (I used a sea salt scrub) and the dead skin came off fairly easy. I moisturized with raw African Shea butter and polished my nails with a pretty red. It took a little time but its done and Im satisfied.

Have you ever tried Listerine on your feet? Has it worked for you?

Connect with me:
Coach Lanise 
I can help you earn and income while getting fit!
Email me for more information.
coachlanisemartin@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment