Monday, July 16, 2012

Ice Cream Anytime of the Day!!

This "Ice Cream" recipe is super easy!!

You only need a couple ingredients and you could be eating ice cream anytime of the day as well. Please let me know when you try it, how you like it and if you would do anything differently. I would love to have your feedback. Here you go!!

Ingredients
Frozen bananas
Milk of choice
Fresh fruit or nuts (optional)
Step 1
Done the night before or at least 2 hours prior.  Unpeel and freeze 2 or more bananas. I used about 1 1/2 bananas. (I always keep bananas in a ziploc bag in the freezer.)


Step 2
Put bananas in the blender and add about 1/2 cup of  your preferred milk. Blend til smooth and add milk to reach your desired consistency. I used Vanilla Soy Milk and blended until it looked like soft serve.

Step 3
Garnish and Serve.
To garnish add fresh fruit or slivered almonds.  I enjoyed mine topped with crushed almonds and chopped strawberries.

Wasn't that super simple? And it only takes like 5 minutes tops.  Its smooth and creamy and if you like bananas, its a very nice frozen treat.  Reminds me of Banana pudding. If you plan to share, this recipe will likely make enough ice cream for two. I ate mine alone though!

I've seen versions of this recipe floating around among some other coaches and I wanted to share it as well. I think adding a rum extract or topping with fresh pineapple would be a great variation. Can't wait to hear about your version. Remember to share your own variations and pics with me when you give this one a try!!
Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment