Monday, August 19, 2013

Meal Plan Monday

My meal plan for this week has a LOT to do with my weekend. My husband and I visited a restaurant in Indiana for dinner. It’s similar to one that we have dined-in before so we both expected to enjoy our meals. The concept is Brazilian grill, and the men bring you as much meat as you like until you turn your placecard up to say "Stop." But, this one also included seafood (which was yummy)- fish, shrimp, and crab legs. And then there’s the salad bar. We enjoyed our dinner there. The food was great and the staff was too.

Anyhow, there is a chance that I had some undercooked beef. I prefer my meats well but there were a couple mediums on my plate. I just cut off the red and enjoyed the fully cooked portion. But, for my stomach, that wasn't good enough I guess.

Fast-forward to next day and I’m sick as a dog and can’t hold down water. Made a visit to urgent care to stop the madness. And now I don't want to see any meat nowhere near me! I'm not even sure if I will have yogurt or eggs this week. (And I love eggs) I was in so much pain and couldn't sleep without a bucket near my bed for 2 days!

So my meal plan this week is mainly plant based. It works out too since my current challenge group will be working on adding more fruits and veggies to their meals this week. I will be able to share with them some yummy vegetable recipes.

Enjoy!
I will post pics next week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment