Thursday, February 5, 2015

How to Make Overnight Oatmeal- Apple Peanut Butter Oats




I honestly didn't know for sure if I would enjoy these oats. I like oatmeal, so I figured it would taste ok. But I am really lovin these oats and if my husband doesn't get home quick and eat his, I may have them for lunch too.

They are super easy to make. I don't think you can mess this one up and you can probably make it today with what you have at home. On top of all this, they are convenient. Make it at night in a portable container and walk out the door with breakfast. I don't have to leave out, but its still super convenient for me. And this recipe tastes almost like dessert. I'm anxious to try other recipes too.

Here is the recipe I tried last night.

Apple Peanut Butter Oats

1 cup oatmeal (I used Old Fashioned Whole Grain Oats)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (You can use other milk or water)
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Honey (You can add more to taste)
chopped apples and pecans (optional toppings)
1 Jar or container with lid


Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, Milk/Vanilla, Oatmeal



Mix the milk, Vanilla Extract and the Cinnamon in the jar.
Next, mix in the Oatmeal and the honey.
Lastly, mix in the peanut butter. Mix it in really well.




Then close the jar and refrigerate overnight.



In the morning, stir and add optional toppings. I added chopped apple and pecans.

Oats right out of the fridge
And Tada!!! Thats it!
Wake up and Enjoy! I did!
Have you tried Overnight Oats??


Overnight Oats with Apples and Pecans







No comments:

Post a Comment