Saturday, March 5, 2016

Microwave Popcorn in a Brown Paper Bag

There are a couple things my husband banned me from buying. One is Ramen Noodles and the other is microwave popcorn.  In addition to all the salt, he said he checked out the ingredients and didn't like what he saw. Besides, my younger son would over indulge in both so I understood.


No more of these.....



Or these.

I never contested. I just stopped buying them both. (I know what battles to pick!) For the last 2 years or so, we have been making popcorn on the stovetop. No longer on easy street... sending my son to the kitchen to pop his own popcorn.  One of my coaches, told me that we could easily make it in the microwave still. Ive been anxious to try.  So the other day, I taught my youngest son how to make popcorn in the microwave with popcorn kernels and a brown paper bag. And I took a few more pics but I have no clue where they are!

Super easy. Delicious and none of those other chemicals. 
Every step in a healthier direction for my family is worth it!

Here's how it goes. You will need:

Popcorn kernels
vegetable oil
salt
brown paper bag

Pour 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels into a bowl


Sprinkle with a little salt and a little bit of vegetable oil.
Pour it all in a paper bag. And fold it down a few times to close it.



Place it in microwave, folded side down. 



We popped for 2 minutes.


Came out perfect! 




No comments:

Post a Comment