Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Exercise Routine and Nutrition

Long story short, I have pretty much worked out all year. Stress and poor nutrition contributed to some weight gain.  I took a month break from working out to focus more on improving my eating habits and putting myself back in line for better health.

Current Exercise Routine-
Daily Walks/Stationary Bike 30-60 mins
During my walks/rides I focus more on deep breathing and clearing my mind. I listen to upbeat music to keep an energetic pace but currently I am not pushing myself to run. I also use this time to either think about any goals I want to accomplish. If I am outdoors, I enjoy the sights and fresh air.



Body Beast (weight lifting program)  This is actually one of my favorite Beachbody programs. I like the pace of the program and the personality of the trainer.
I usually do this portion of my workout in the evening with my husband. 3-5 nights a week. We do not follow the programs actual schedule. We are in our 3rd week. We are spending another week in the Build phase and then next week move to Bulk phase.  I am gonna start being better at documenting my workouts and progress to share. 


Current Nutrition Plan-
My goal for the next 30 days is to improve the number of fruits and veggies that I eat daily.  My goal is at least 2 fruits and 4 servings of veggies.  So my mornings are fruit and I have to have a side salad as a snack or with lunch. Then with dinner at least 2 servings of veggies.  My carb limit is 2 times a day. Lean protein 5 times a day- eggs, yogurt, shakeology, chicken breast etc. 



WATER

I need more of it. So I am following this schedule to get a decent amount of water in a day. Water before all meals. 

This plan  has so far been easiest to follow, without a whole lot of extra thinking. Looking forward to results.

xoxoxo
-Lanise



No comments:

Post a Comment