Thursday, August 27, 2015

Anniversary Weekend and New Challenge

Happy Anniversary!!

I celebrated my 13 year wedding anniversary last weekend. We had a blast. Honestly, at this point in our lives, the best gift we could give each other is time. Thankfully, we had a close relative who volunteered to keep the kids 3 nights. Time is so precious and having the time to just enjoy dinner without rushing to get kids or rushing to drop kids off to make a reservation felt so good. Sometimes as parents we get caught up and used to enjoying a little time here and there that we almost forget what it feels like to be kid free for 24 hours- let alone 72 hours. I am so happy that we have learned to balance our time while pursuing our goals.

We spent a lot of time together and a lot of time eating.


Friday evening, we went to a special fondue restaurant called Geja's that I love. No electronic devices allowed so it forces conversation since you are unplugged and you are not bothered by people trying to get the perfect selfie while reaching and leaning all in your space. But, what I really like about this restaurant (aside from the food) is that the lighting is low and the tables feel so private. Kinda makes you feel like you are in your own little world for a couple hours.





Saturday morning, first thing, we went jogging/walking along the lake front. (I didn't want to get too fat celebrating. My metabolism is not what it used to be.) It was nice and I really didn't count miles but I logged into MapMyRun and I believe we went just over 3 miles. Nice time and perfect weather.



Movies!! Later Saturday morning we went to see Straight Outta Compton. Loved it!!! It was so real and authentic and it took me back. Made me remember when people started calling this rap music bad etc... Made me reflect on injustices that people of color have had to deal with through the years. But even showed how its important to have your own business, read contracts and be in control of your money.  I would see Straight Outta Compton again and again.





We then had a midday dessert at Kilwins, a fudge shop. Lastly, dinner was scallops and veggies we prepared at home.

Then came Sunday-
Sunday (Food and Shopping)
Breakfast- pancake restaurant.
Snacks- Fresh donuts at a small donut shop.
Dinner we had burgers and fries at a burger joint.   

Unless we are on vacation, I dont eat out too much. But, this weekend

  I ate out 5 times and each time I acted like it was my last meal.

Sometimes despite what I know, I just go all in and just have to deal with the aftermath later. I know when to stop and how to regain control. When eating lots of sugar and refined foods it takes a few days for my body to calm down.

Needless to say, I have struggled this week with containing my cravings for sugar and carbs.  But, I am getting on the scale and taking measurements, this Friday and every Friday from here on out. I will be posting a weekly progress post to hold myself accountable. Skinny jeans are coming and I want to feel confident in them next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment