Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Proper Planning = Success

You ever heard that one does not build a house without first counting the cost. Well, it's the same thing with your body.  You have to count the cost first before you can really succeed.  That just means planning out in advance and being prepared for the unexpected.

Nutrition and daily meals should be planned to some degree.  It sure helps to know what you're eating for lunch before you step in the kitchen munching on anything laying around.  That is a surefire way to blow up all your hard work in your face.  Planning doesn't have to be crazy restrictive. We all live and deal with unexpected and expected "foodbombs."

Defined....Foodbombs are the foods that we eat that blow up our diet.  They are really worthless to us because we don't eat them in moderation and they hardly offer any nutrition value. Foodbombs blow up in our face so to speak, because after we eat them we feel as if we have blown the whole food plan and exercise thing out the window. We feel like our progress has blown up in our face.

Doesn't have to be that way though.  With a little proper planning we can avoid the bad feeling that we have after we eat out with friends, or have a little too much of our favorite cake. I love good food, but I am learning that having that "good food" does not have to destroy or takeover my world.

For instance, certain days of the week, I know I more than likely will be put in a position of eating restaurant food.  So, on those days, I pay close attention to how I eat in the daytime.  I will have a light breakfast, Shakeology (the healthiest shake on the market) and snack on fruits/veges when Im hungry. That way a little Red Lobster or Olive Garden won't blow up my progress. On other days that sneak up on me like, we end up staying late at a relatives house or we have to grab some dinner on the way home- I plan to balance out those foodbombs with very healthy choices the following day and rev up my  routine workout.

Moderation is the key to many things in life. Being accountable is the key to making progress that you will take pride in.

No comments:

Post a Comment