Monday, September 9, 2013

Meal Plan for the Week Sept 9th-15th

I based this week's meals off what we have plentiful in our fridge and what's on sale where we live. Most of the fruit that my family enjoys is on sale this week and last week. So I literally stocked up on fruit like peaches, nectarines, grapes and melons over the weekend. Plus, the greens in my garden are abundant so, they have to be cooked and eaten and stored this week.

Slowly, I have grown to really enjoy simpler foods. I love just having a bowl of fruit for breakfast. My fruit bowls usually consist of about 3 cups of fruit so enough to keep me energized and satisfied in the mornings. I am also simplifying things by having my Shakeology for lunch. I won't fret around this week wondering what will I have for breakfast or lunch because it will either be a bowl of fruit or Shakeology period. On Wednesday, I will try and still keep up the "no animal product" rule that we as a family kept up this summer. Saturday is a work in progress so until plans are solidified, I do not have meal plans in place except for breakfast. Then on Sunday morning, I will relax some and have some warm cereal just to change things up a bit.

So here is my plan for the week and I will share pics and recipes next Monday!!
What challenges do you face when planning meals
for yourself or your family??

5 comments:

  1. My meal plan for today is for breakfast the vanilla shakeology with 1/2 a peach,a 1/8 of a canteloup, 1 cup skim milk, 1 Tbsp ground flag seed,1 tbsp brown sugar and 1/8 tbs.of fenugreek!
    Lunch a can of Minestrone soup.
    Dinner liver smothered in grave with wheat noodles and zuchinni.
    My biggest obstacle of making a meal plan is money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment from my phone but apparently it didn't post. Trying this again.

    My challenges are sticking to the meals I plan. I'm just not that good at that. I know it's basically a guide but if I'm going to take the time to plan out the meals it would be nice to stick to it at least 3days a week.

    Also, preparation. I TRULY want to prepare my meals so I can just take them out of the fridge/freezer and microwave it but I'm so friggin' lazy!! UGH! Because it's just me, it's easier for me to just go into the kitchen and prepare what I want at that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's such a good idea to plan ahead, i think it makes the week go by much smoother..... I swear trying to figure out what to eat at the last is such an ordeal, and the meals tend not to be as healthy as they could be. I also like the suggestion of buying the produce that is on sale that week. I'm not fortunate enough to have my own garden like you, but i never thought to really check and see what's on sale in the produce aisle, I usually buy what I "have a taste for" . Thanks for the tips NAr-nise

    ReplyDelete
  4. My biggest challenge is time. Time to sit and think about my meals for the week. Time to prepare meals during the week. My life is very fast paced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time to shop and prepare my meals is my biggest problem!

    ReplyDelete