Saturday, October 12, 2013

Baked Fresh Cut French Fries?? These are The Best!!!

French fries are my absolute FAVORITE Junk food! 

They are crispy and soft and salty and oily and just delicious to me. But they can be FULL of FAT and counterproductive to indulge in. I will enjoy some fries once in a while when dining out when I know that the establishment makes good ones. Other than that, I generally steer clear. 

Today, while at the mall, I had a serious craving for french fries and walked toward the food court. I changed my mind by the time I reached the counter but decided at that moment that I would make my own once I got home. They would be fresh cut, healthier and still really tasty. 
And... I would not fall off the wagon today. So, here's how I made them. 

Ingredients
I used small Yukon Gold potatoes, olive oil and salt. 

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Put on a pot of water on the stove.

Peel and cut potatoes in strips at desired thickness.



Once water boils, add potatoes carefully.
Boil potatoes for 3 minutes ONLY. Any longer will overcook them and make them mushy.


Drain potatoes and put in bowl. Thoroughly mix in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and salt as desired.



Layer potatoes in single layer on nonstick pan. If not nonstick- spray with cooking spray first.

Cook for about 30-40 mins turning once halfway through.

You will end up with crispy fries that are moist and soft inside. 
Add salt and spices. 
Use desired dipping sauce. 
Enjoy!
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment