Monday, January 13, 2014

Recipe-- Yummy Tuna Avocado Salad!!

This is a new recipe I tried recently and I love it. I expected to like the combo but was a little hesitant.  First of all, I LOVE avocado and could just eat it alone everyday.  Then there are days that I really want tuna. But to avoid over indulging in mayo, I have avoided tuna altogether. This recipe still gives you the creaminess of mayo, and satisfies my love of avocado and desire to eat more tuna. 
(I adapted this recipe from Get Shredded-Insanity The Asylum meal plan)


You will need:
1/2 avocado
Juice from half a lime
Salt, cumin, cayenne pepper (to taste)
5oz light tuna packed in water
2-3 cups mixed greens (I used romaine and butter lettuces)
Cucumbers
1/4 c green and orange peppers chopped 
Olive oil (drizzle)
Hot sauce (optional) I like that heat!!!

Place avocado, lime juice, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork into a chunky paste. Taste to make sure you like the flavor and add more seasoning if needed.
Drain tuna well and add to the bowl. Mix well. Pile mixed greens on a plate, top with sliced cucumbers, peppers, and top with your Tuna Avocado mixture. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and splash a little hot sauce on if desired and Enjoy!!! (I did, lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment