Saturday, August 2, 2014

3 Tips to Keep Yourself on Track This Weekend

We all work soo soo hard all week to get some exercise in and make good meal choices and then here comes Friday night and Saturday and Sunday!

On the weekend, if its not alcohol, its overindulgence in pizza and wings or cookies and cake. We literally throw all of our hard work out the door and then Monday comes and we feel like we are starting over. I have been there and have got to a point where I knew that my little extras during the week and my fun on the weekends was affecting me getting to my goal body. See, I had, and still have, the exercising part down pact. But I had to start asking myself, "Is this extra slice of caramel cake or having another glass of wine worth me throwing away all my hard work this week?" Nope. Its not going to make me feel or look cute on nobody's beach!


I'm all about 'All Things in Moderation.' I love fresh baked goods- cakes, cookies, cobblers, pies, french breads, biscuits and rolls. And, I like to have a glass of wine with. But, I honestly had to seriously ask myself how I really felt AFTER I would overindulge in them. Truthfully, when I'm tasting and sipping, I feel great and excited. But afterwards, (when my sugar high goes down) I don't.  I start to feel disappointed in myself. I often would feel like, "Why couldn't I just stop at 1?"

And at the end of the day, I know how AMAZING I feel when I give my body the foods that are good for me and drink enough water. I have enough energy to get through my day and more and I just feel good all over.  


Making changes DID NOT happen OVERNIGHT for me. I have a family of 5 and sometimes, I'm thrown for a loop with the constant changes in our schedule.  But, I want to say, it is POSSIBLE. Here are a few tips to gain and maintain control on the Weekend!


1.  Eat Before You Go:  If you know that you are headed somewhere where there will be no healthy food options, have a healthy meal before you go!    If you go hungry, you will eat more. If you are not hungry, you are satisfied with nibbling on the fruit and veggie tray. If you have some of the party food, watch your portions. You already ate, Remember??  Then, instead of pigging out, Be More Social.
2.  Drink Plenty of Water:  Stay hydrated and limit the alcoholic beverages. Having several drinks usually means eating more. They go hand in hand.

3. Be Committed:  Believe your own commitment and tell the people you are with. Let them know what you are doing and that you wont them to help you stay accountable. Sometimes telling others helps us to stick with it.


You've worked too hard to get where you are. Stick to your guns. 

You deserve to reach your goal because you are worth it!

 YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment